According to a recent Reserve Bank of India report, approx. 4 lakh Indian students will be studying internationally by the year 2024. If you are planning to study abroad, let us tell you well in advance that it is not a walk in the park.
Studying abroad is a unique experience. You get to explore a new place, culture and meet interesting people. However, you should also be prepared for uncertainties that may come your way during your time abroad.
Here are a few things that you should be aware of and how a student travel insurance can come in handy.
- Financial Protection In Case Of Medical Emergencies
It would be best if you took care of your health when studying away from home, especially when studying abroad. However, sickness comes uninvited and medical treatments, and hospitalization is expensive in a foreign country. For this purpose, you need to be financially protected in case of any medical emergency, and this can be done with an adequate student travel insurance plan.
- Coverage For Treating Big Diseases And Unavoidable Medical Procedures
Not only the basic medical treatments are expensive in a foreign country, but the expenses incurred for the treatment of big diseases can burn a hole in your finances. A student travel insurance plan, in this situation, will help you seek necessary treatments without having to worry about the expenses incurred.
- Also Provides Basic Coverage
Apart from providing financial protection to you when studying abroad, the student travel insurance also covers you in case of lost baggage, lost passport, delay in baggage, or missing connecting flights.
Also, personal liability coverage in case you break the law when living abroad without being aware of it or cause damage/loss to the third person or property is covered under the student travel insurance plan.
Other Important Things Covered Under Student Travel Insurance Are As Follows –
- Accidents causing bodily injuries when living abroad
- Dental treatment
- Emergency expenses for medical evacuation to India
- Total loss of baggage
- Cost of obtaining a fresh/duplicate passport in case you lose one when traveling
- Reimbursement of semester/tuition fees in case of interrupted studies due to medical reasons
- Payment of bail amount to the necessary officials in case you are arrested or detained by any judicial authority for bailable offense when in a foreign country
- Expenses incurred when transporting your remains back to your hometown in case of your sudden death
Over To You
Not only student travel insurance is a mandatory document when planning your studies abroad, but it is also financial protection that provides much-needed peace of mind to you and your parents back home. So, ensure that you choose a plan that offers you extensive coverage in the time of need.