When you put your bucket list together, you probably have the typical exciting adventures on it. Attractions like the Eiffel Tower and the Grand Canyon are commonly placed on the “must visit” list, and skydiving or swimming with dolphins are on the “to do” side. But an overlooked treasure that should be on everyone’s “must” list is visiting Oman.
This small but incredible country is full of history and charm. Oman is celebrated around the world for its unique architecture and focus on protecting its country’s past and treasures, with good reason. There are some magnificent sights one can only see in this area, so you should make sure to visit Oman at least once in your life and explore.
Add These 5 Attractions in Oman to Your List
- Muttrah Souq – If you want to experience the hustle and bustle of the marketplace in Oman, head to Muttrah, in the capital Governorate of Muscat. Here you’ll find just about anything you’re looking for to purchase. The traditional Omani products are sought after everywhere because of their high quality. Bring home some Omani clothes, fabrics, or jewelry as your souvenir.
- The Grand Mosque – Omani architecture is seen in many movies and cartoons as the source of their settings. The Grand Mosque is one of the most commonly replicated. It’s one of the Sultan Qaboos’ most impressive creations, built in 2001. The magnificent large dome is seen from miles away and the expansive minarets, arches, and other aspects of the mosque make it unique and awe-inspiring.
- Salalah – There are incredible options if you want to book a Salalah tour package from Dubai. The problem is trying to decide which part of this historical city you want to explore. Choose from the city tour in which you get to explore tradition through museums and parks and one of the most ancient cities, Zufar. Or take a camel ride to the Eastern villages to see how everyone lives when they are mired in history and tradition. There’s no wrong choice when you head to Salalah.
- The Beaches – Oman is surrounded by the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Gulf, so if you want to head to the beaches, there are plenty to choose from. These beaches are known around the world for their spectacular pure white sands. It’s a beauty unlike any you’ve ever seen.
- The Castles – With such a vast and ancient history, of course Oman has had to defend itself over time. This is evident in the historical forts and castles that still stand and are there for you to explore. Immerse yourself in the history of Oman while you are transported back in time through forts like the Nakhal or Nizwa and castles like the Jibreen. They’re found just about everywhere you go.
History and Tradition are Still Alive in Oman
Oman has it all: sandy beaches, shopping, nature, and museums. They’re all found in a perfect balance of contemporary living and tradition. Why not do something out of the ordinary and explore this wonder of the ancient world on your next getaway?